Contemporary Public Spaces: 11 Projects That Inspire New Ideas
This article was written by ArchDaily Team and stated that besides reflecting the aspirations of a society, public spaces also configure the scenarios in which new ideas of coexistence and the collective can emerge from their qualities. Thinking about the streets, squares, parks, and even nature is a way of dealing with shared ideals and ensuring the social dynamics in the relationship between bodies and the environment.
The authors have selected some contemporary projects from around the world that present different ideas to shape the built environment of the public sphere.
They bring contrast and dialogue with nature, give a new meaning to inhospitable places, and, no matter the scale, transform their contexts based on architectural and urban design. Get to know eleven selected projects below.
Some of the projects shared in the article are:
- One Green Mile / MVRD Mumbai, India
- Tapis Rouge public space in an informal neighborhood in Haiti / Haiti
- Parque Fresnillo / Fresnillo, Mexico
- Quarry No. 8: Book Mountain / DnA Lishui, China
- Nanhua Glimmer Park / Taiwan
- Rachel de Queiroz Park / Brazil
- Wild Mile / Urban Rivers Chicago, USA
- Escadinhas Footpaths / Portugal
- Le Meridien Garden / Zhengzhou, China
- Baraike Park Base Facility / Osaka, Japan
- Mobile Working Cabin for Rural Vitalization / Nanping, China