The 2022 International Large Urban Parks Awards deadline has been extended to June 30th!
The International Large Urban Parks Awards aim to recognize the quality of parks, the skills of the people who manage them and the value they bring to the cities they serve.
As the world urban population will double from 3.5 billion to over 7.0 billion in the next 40 years it is important to support the development of parks and open spaces as critical elements in creating vibrant cities and healthy communities. The International Large Urban Parks Award program is an important element in the promotion of the benefits of urban parks around the world and to highlight best practice within our industry.
The International Large Urban Parks Award enables Cities around the world to benchmark their performance and understand where improvements could be made. The Awards are based on 4 main criteria which are:
- Park Design and Layout
- Features and Facilities
- Protection and Community Engagement and Involvement
- Park Management and Maintenance
The Awards are given in three Categories:
- Gold Award ≥ 800 Points
- Silver Award 650 – 799 Points
- Bronze Award 500 – 649 Points
Instructions and Award Criteria:
- Both members and non-members of World Urban Parks can participate in the 2022 International Large Urban Parks Award.
- Read through the Award Criteria HERE. All documents must be submitted in English and the application fee must be received by the deadline to be in good standing order with your application. WUP will follow up with you to process the application fee ($550 NZD for World Urban Park Members, $800 NZD for non-members).
- Complete the Online Application Form
Visit our website to learn more about award criteria, application instructions, learn about the Selection Jury and to see past winners!