“Developed countries with reduced budgets, developing countries with high population
growth - all need information, best practice, and benchmarking to resolve these common
concerns and challenges. We want to push forward with the good parks development
learned from a variety of efforts from around the world.
- Kenzo Oguchi, Executive Director, Park and Recreation Foundation, Tokyo, Japan
“As the peak professional association for Parks and Leisure Professionals
in Australia, representation on the global stage is crucial. The new World Urban
Parks body strengthens our relationships with international agencies, ensures we
remain involved with global issues and trends, and provides a stronger, united voice
for the benefits of parks and leisure to all levels of government across the globe.
- Mark Band, Chief Executive Officer, Parks and Leisure Australia
“We are a long way from most folks and culling the best ideas from around the world
is a great way to not waste money reinventing the proverbial wheel and that’s the
best political sell of all!
- Anne Charlton, Director Parks, City of Calgary, Canada
“ The membership and network of World Urban Parks gives my staff and myself
valuable and cost effective opportunities to learn and get adaptable ideas from
all over the world - to enhance the services of our department.
- Torgeir Esig Soerensen, Head of Parks and Streets Department, City of Stavanger, Norway
“ Forming and maintaining mutually beneficial relations, and interacting internationally
is of paramount importance in thehorticultural fraternity. Interacting succours members by
sharing experiences, knowledge, relevant information and contacts with other networking
members by establishing sustained partnerships. World Urban Parks is consequently an
imperative role-player, especially in the African Continent!
- Emmanuel Maphorogo, Parks Manager, Johannesburg City Parks, South Africa
“Obtaining the World Parks Academy’s Certified Parks Professional
credential has strengthened my credibility as a leading professional in the wide-ranging field of parks and
recreation as well as had a positive effect on my perceived integrity as a government employee from the public.
- Adam Esch, Recreation Coordinator, Community Services, Municipal District of Greenview, Alberta, Canada